On Friday, this is what I made. I already had the ingredients ahead of time. After preparing and cooking the chicken, this recipe takes very little time to put together, the slow cooker makes it perfect. It passed muster with my husband and 18 month old daughter who likes anything tomato-y.
The below recipe is from Taste of Home. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Chicken-Chili-5
6 Servings Prep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.